Category : front
Energy Efficiency in the Supply Chain through Collaboration, Advanced Decision Support and Automatic Sensing
Overall, the e-SAVE project aims to deliver a modular and extensible information, collaboration and management support infrastructure that does not only capture and deliver the data required for effectively monitoring energy use and other environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), but also provides the management tools that utilize these KPIs and support managerial decisions and every day operations for improving energy and environmental performance.
More specifically, the project has the following specific objectives:
- To design and develop a powerful data middleware to efficiently and automatically capture and link energy-use data and carbon emissions to supply chain processes and product instances, enabling the generation of a credible energy and carbon identity for products and processes. (Relevant Milestones: MS1, MS2, MS3)
- To implement generic and interoperable information system components for energy efficiency monitoring, able to integrate with alternative data sources (ERP systems, automatic energy sensors, XML data by supply chain partners etc.) and deliver a product’s and or process’ energy profile
- To facilitate the efficient collaboration and seamless communication of product life cycle and process energy performance data among supply chain partners, including the definition of energy efficiency ontologies and XML schemas for information sharing and the design and implementation of a collaboration infrastructure
- To extend carbon footprint and Life-Cycle-Assessment tools and integrate them into ERP and supply chain management systems by using input coming automatically from various data sources (ERP system, collaborating supply chain partners, sensors etc.) but also providing various energy-efficiency KPIs as output to a green supply chain management toolset. (Relevant Milestones: MS2, MS3)
- To build an energy-efficient supply chain management toolset, incorporating new optimization and operations management logic that uses environmental as well as other KPIs to support managers achieve a profitable balance between environmental and operations efficiency in areas such as inventory management, logistics and distribution planning, vehicle rooting etc.
- To develop tools and applications to support the simulation of alternative supply chain configurations, taking into account the environmental KPIs to be delivered by the e-SAVE platform in addition to other business KPIs, in order to support strategic and sustainable supply chain design decisions
- To provide consumers with the meanshttp://www.eltrun.gr/wp-admin/post-new.php to monitor product footprints and energy-profiles, by supporting a dynamic energy-efficiency product label and respective consumer services, such as, for example, smart-phone applications “interrogating” products at the point-of-sales about their energy profile, and measuring the impact of such services on consumer perceptions and actual demand